Marriage Registration

A marriage which has already been solemnized can be registered either under the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 or under the Special Marriage Act, 1954. Vishu Kushwaha & co. deals with ,marriage registration in ghaziabad, marriage registration in noida as well as marriage registration in delhi. The Hindu Marriage Act is applicable in cases where both husband and wife are Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs or where they have converted into any of these religions. Where either of the husband or wife or both are not Hindus, Buddhists, Jains or Sikhs, the marriage is registered under the Special Marriage Act, 1954.We are also arrange Arya Samaj Vivah.

Further, marriage can be solemnized between any two persons under the provisions of the Special Marriage Act, 1954

Required Documents:
  • Passport Size Photographs – four each of Marrying Persons.
  • Residential Proof (Voter Card / Passport / Ration Car / Driving License / Bank Passbook / Lease Deed / Rent Deed) of Marrying Persons
  • Date of Birth Proof (Municipal Corporation Certificate, X th or XII th Examination Certificate, Passport, PAN Card) of Marrying Persons
  • If any party is divorcee Certified copy of Decree of Divorce granted by the Court.
  • If any party is widow / widower Death Certificate of the dead spouse
  • If any party is a Foreign Citizen or holding a foreign Passport or is having foreign residential address
  • Certificate of Present Marital Status of the party / No Impediment Certificate / NOC from concerned Embassy and Valid VISA
  • Two Witnesses ( Both should be major )

Registration of Marriages Which have Already been Solemnized

Special Marriage Act, 1954 provides for solemnization of marriages in accordance with the provisions of the Act. SDMs/ADMs/Deputy Commissioners have been authorized as Marriage Officers for this purpose.

  • Q. What will be the criteria used while deciding my case?
  • Ans: For solemnization of marriage, presence of both parties is required after submission of documents of issuance of notice of intended marriage. A copy of the notice is pasted on the office notice board by the ADM. Any person may within 30 days of issue of notice , file objection to the intended marriages. In such a case, the SDM shall not solemnize the marriage until he has decided the objection, within 30 days of its receipt. If the ADM refuses to solemnize the marriage, any of the parties may file an appeal within 30 days to the District Court. In case no objection is received, the ADM solemnizes the marriage after 30 days of the notice. Both parties along with 3 witnesses are required to be present on the date of solemnization of marriage. It is advisable to submit names of witnesses at least one day in advance.

Degree of Prohibited relationship as per the Hindu Marriage Act, 1955

  • Section 3 (f):
  • i.“Sapinda relationship” with reference to any person extends as far as the third generation (inclusive) in the line of ascent through the mother, and the fifth (inclusive) in the line of ascent through the father, the line being traced upwards in each case from the person concerned, who is to be counted as the first generation;
  • ii.two persons are said to “sapindas” of each other if one is a lineal ascendant of the other within the limits of sapinda relationship, or if they have a common lineal ascendant who is within the limits of sapinda relationship with reference to each of them;

Benefits of Marriage Registration / Marriage Certificate

  • (i) A marriage certificate is authenticated by the government body. Niether husband or wife can deny marriage as a marriage certificate is the most authentic proof of marriage
  • (ii) In Martial Disputes it can used as evidence of marriage by either of the parties.
  • (iii) It confirms that the children are born out of a legal wedlock so it useful for the rights of children as well as the women concerned
  • (iv) Marriage Registration has been made compulsory as many a times people have been able to deny marriage in the absence of valid proof of marriage and it becomes difficult to prove the legality of marriage in court cases.
  • (v) To claim the full benefit of insurance polices and applying for visa marriage registration is a must.

Eligibility for Registration of Marriage and obtaining Marriage Certificate

If you are already married and both you and your partner are Hindu, Buddhism, Jain or Sikhs and both had attained the age of 21 yrs. on the date of marriage and you or your partner, are eligible for marriage registration. If either you or your better half had not attained the age of 21 yrs but had attained the age of 18 yrs on the date of marriage, you are eligible for registration of your marriage.